Today I am super excited to share with you a rare guest post from the Boudoir Divas explaining what you can expect from a Boudoir experience. I hope you all enjoy!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MY BOUDOIR SHOOT
If you’ve decided that you would like to have a boudoir photography session, you will probably have plenty of questions. Most of our clients have tons of questions and concerns about their session, and we want to help ease your fears by helping you feel as prepared as possible! The most frequently asked questions we hear when it comes to boudoir photography are: 1)What should I expect from my boudoir photo shoot? And: 2)How should I prepare for my boudoir session? While every boudoir photographer is unique and each boudoir photography studio offers different services, in general, here are some helpful hints to show you how to prepare for your boudoir shoot. Once you have found your perfect boudoir photographer, you will no doubt be a little nervous about your photo shoot. Most women feel a little trepidation when they are thinking about their boudoir session, because this is something that is completely out of their comfort zone. A little nervousness is completely normal, so don’t worry! Just try your best to relax, have fun, and enjoy the experience! We can not speak on behalf of all boudoir photographers and say what your session WILL be like but here are some expectations that should be met and we suggest you pick your boudoir photographer accordingly.
You can expect:
- That your photographer will professionally and respectfully coach you through your poses and session in a comfortable and private environment. We know the every day woman is not a model and has no idea how to pose. Your photographer will pick out the most flattering poses for you and coach you through the entire process from what to do with your hands, where to look, and what kind of facial expression to make. You may not love EVERY shot, but the goal is to find a reasonable amount of your boudoir shots that you absolutely love.
- You will be nervous but these nerves will subside with every moment during your session. Almost every client coming in for a photo shoot will be nervous. Your photographer’s job is to make you feel at ease and comfortable and ready to have a wonderful experience.
- That the shoot will remain at YOUR comfort level. Boudoir does not need to mean lingerie shots and your photographer will be able to make you look sexy in even a pretty dress or sweater. If you do want nudity you should check with you photographer to see that they offer that. A lot of photographers prefer to do ‘illusion of nudity’ shots, so that it shows off your curves while still keeping the shot classy and beautiful.
- That your photos will remain private unless you sign a model release.
- That you will have the time of your life!
Here is a video of what to expect from the boudoir experience…
If you’re looking for the perfect boudoir photographer in your city, visit Boudoir International!