Happy Wednesday my friends…..I am wishing you all an amazing rest of your week!
photo credit: Feather and Stone
photo credit: Elizabeth Messina
photo credit: Concept Photography
I think this one is going to be my favorite for awhile I absolutely love the creativeness and danger factor.
There are many things you will remember about your wedding day, and we hope that this list of “what a photographer wishes they could tell you” will help your wedding be full of awesome memories.
1) If you are a woman that wears your hair down everyday of your life, you are going to hate all your wedding photos with your hair up. It is NOT a rule that you have to wear your hair in a “up do” on your wedding day…. and if you normally don’t like your hair up, you will not like it up in your wedding photos, either.
2) Please do not plan an outdoor wedding in August. This might only apply to the warmer states like my home town of Orlando Florida, however, I have seen way too many bright red faces ruining the wedding photos.
3) Tanning is not your friend right before your wedding. We all want to look our best for our wedding day, and I have witnessed plenty of “orange brides”….. all in the attempt of trying to look better on their wedding day. If you do not regularly tan and get photographed please do not use those precious few days before your wedding as a test run.
4) Hire a professional hair and makeup person. I know that your friend is really good at it and she always looks great in her photos she posts online. However, I can not count how many times the entire wedding day runs late, because your friend doesn’t know how to manage getting 4-8 grown women finished with complete hair and makeup… in the allotted time you planned for. It almost NEVER works out the way you think. (This might actually be my new number one lol..)
5) Photoshop is not a magic wand. Please do not think your photographer is able to edit over a thousand photos to get rid of a bruise off your arm, leg or body. Photoshop is meant to enhance a photo, so please use makeup to cover a bruise and have realistic expectations of what your photographer can edit.
Not one but TWO giveaways!! Two lucky readers will win one of these awesome groups of yumminess. Follow the directions below and Good Luck everyone!
To Enter you have to do these THREE things:
1) Comment on this blog post.
2) Follow us on Twitter and RT about the giveaway.
3) Like our page on Facebook .
The winner will be randomly selected on Thursday, August 14th. Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Good luck!
Alessandra and Bryant had a traditional Catholic ceremony in one of New York’s grandest churches: the newly restored St. Patrick’s, a breathtaking Neo-Gothic cathedral in the center of Manhattan. “It was so beautiful and grand, it didn’t need any extra decor,” Alessandra says. She wore a bouquet of cascading white orchids that included gold leaf detailing. The two filled their ceremony with Filipino traditions, including having candle, cord, and veil sponsors. Thank you to Photo Pink for sharing this amazing GLAM wedding with our readers.
Ceremony site: Saint Patrick’s Old Cathedral
Reception site: The Bowery Hotel
Gown: Vera Wang
Hair: Joy La Rosa at Sam Brocato Salon
Makeup: Donna Kim
Veil: Inno Sotto
Groom’s tuxedo: Michael Andrews
Paper Goods: designed by bride
Wedding Planner: Tamra Sanford of Ever Swoon
Florist: L’Atelier Rouge
Music (ceremony and reception): DJ Sir Shorty
Cake: Butterfly Bake Shop